Authorities clearance required for Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP) & Certificate of Statutory Completion (CSC)


When the building works are completed, the applicant and the Qualified Person shall apply to the Commissioner of Building Control for a Certificate of Statutory Completion (CSC) or a Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP). The building can only be occupied when a CSC or TOP is granted.


– New or Re-Erection Works obtain TOP then CSC.

– Re-Construction Works obtain TOP then CSC.

– Addition and Alteration Works obtain CSC only.


Consultant Package for House Owner(s):

  1. Architect (Qualified Person – QP) design fee.
  2. Structural Professional Engineer (QP) design fee.
  3. Mechanical Professional Engineer (QP) design fee.
  4. QP submission to Urban Redevelopment Authority – URA. (obtain written permission for plan lodgement)
  5. QP submission to Building and Construction Authority – BCA. (obtain structural plan approval and building commencement permit)
  6. QP submission to Building and Construction Authority – BCA. (obtain building plan approval on the architectural aspects)
  7. QP submission to Fire Safety and Shelter Department – FSSD of the Singapore Civil Defence Force – SCDF. (obtain technical clearance for fire system approval)
  8. QP submission to Land and Transport Authority – LTA. (technical consultation and obtain clearance for road plans and parking facility proposal)
  9. QP submission to National Environment Agency – NEA. (obtain technical clearance for sewerage / sanitary works, drainage works, pollution control matters and environmental health matters)
  10. QP submission to Central Building Plans Unit of the Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources – MEWR. (technical consultation and obtain clearance from NEA on environmental building plan matters)
  11. Payable to safety consultants for online declaration of risk management implementation at the workplace before construction works can commence and notify the Commissioner for Workplace Safety and Health – Occupational Safety and Health Division, Ministry of Manpower – MOM.
  12. Engaging Registered Inspector (RI) for Architectural works inspection.
  13. Engaging Accredited Checker (AC) for Structural works certification.
  14. Engaging Registered Inspector (RI) for Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing (MEP) works inspection.
  15. Engaging Resident Technical Officer (RTO) for Structural works inspection.
  16. Lightning conductor testing certificate by Electrical Professional Engineer (QP).
  17. Public Utilities Board – PUB, Testing & Commissioning by Licensed Electrical Worker (LEW).
  18. Electrical as-built drawings / line diagram with Licensed Electrical Worker (LEW) endorsement.
  19. Plumbing & Sanitary as-built drawings with Licensed Plumber (LP) endorsement.
  20. Other Authorities submission shall it be required. (National Park Board – NPB, Singapore Power Services – SPS, Jurong Town Corporation – JTC, Housing and Development Board – HDB, Maritime and Port Authority – MPA, Ministry of Defence – MINDEF)