Authorities clearance required for Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP) & Certificate of Statutory Completion (CSC)
When the building works are completed, the applicant and the Qualified Person shall apply to the Commissioner of Building Control for a Certificate of Statutory Completion (CSC) or a Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP). The building can only be occupied when a CSC or TOP is granted.
– New or Re-Erection Works obtain TOP then CSC.
– Re-Construction Works obtain TOP then CSC.
– Addition and Alteration Works obtain CSC only.
Consultant Package for House Owner(s):
- Architect (Qualified Person – QP) design fee.
- Structural Professional Engineer (QP) design fee.
- Mechanical Professional Engineer (QP) design fee.
- QP submission to Urban Redevelopment Authority – URA. (obtain written permission for plan lodgement)
- QP submission to Building and Construction Authority – BCA. (obtain structural plan approval and building commencement permit)
- QP submission to Building and Construction Authority – BCA. (obtain building plan approval on the architectural aspects)
- QP submission to Fire Safety and Shelter Department – FSSD of the Singapore Civil Defence Force – SCDF. (obtain technical clearance for fire system approval)
- QP submission to Land and Transport Authority – LTA. (technical consultation and obtain clearance for road plans and parking facility proposal)
- QP submission to National Environment Agency – NEA. (obtain technical clearance for sewerage / sanitary works, drainage works, pollution control matters and environmental health matters)
- QP submission to Central Building Plans Unit of the Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources – MEWR. (technical consultation and obtain clearance from NEA on environmental building plan matters)
- Payable to safety consultants for online declaration of risk management implementation at the workplace before construction works can commence and notify the Commissioner for Workplace Safety and Health – Occupational Safety and Health Division, Ministry of Manpower – MOM.
- Engaging Registered Inspector (RI) for Architectural works inspection.
- Engaging Accredited Checker (AC) for Structural works certification.
- Engaging Registered Inspector (RI) for Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing (MEP) works inspection.
- Engaging Resident Technical Officer (RTO) for Structural works inspection.
- Lightning conductor testing certificate by Electrical Professional Engineer (QP).
- Public Utilities Board – PUB, Testing & Commissioning by Licensed Electrical Worker (LEW).
- Electrical as-built drawings / line diagram with Licensed Electrical Worker (LEW) endorsement.
- Plumbing & Sanitary as-built drawings with Licensed Plumber (LP) endorsement.
- Other Authorities submission shall it be required. (National Park Board – NPB, Singapore Power Services – SPS, Jurong Town Corporation – JTC, Housing and Development Board – HDB, Maritime and Port Authority – MPA, Ministry of Defence – MINDEF)